This is a big hit in our house. My young son and daughter gobble it up. With its irresistible blend of curry and sweet coconut milk, it’ll become a favorite with your family, too. —Tracy Simiele, Chardon, Oh
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with curry, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and tomato; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve with rice.
1 cup chicken mixture with 3/4 cup rice: 508 calories, 27g fat (19g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.